**THIS APP REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS, IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS THIS APP PROBABLY ISN'T FOR YOU**
What is it?
Le DPI Changer allows you to update your screen DPI in a single tap and restore back in a single click as well.
What's different from other gazillion DPI changing apps?
Le DPI Changer does NOT edit build.prop, which means there is exactly 0 risk of bricking or your phone turning into a refrigerator(build.prop is dangerous!)
On top of that, the DPI stays persistent even after OTAs or any kind of stuff you flash. As long as your phone is not factory reset, it will work.
But it doesn't work for me!?
Fret not! Due to many devices with stock ROMs such as TouchWiz and Sense not supporting the persistent DPI trick, latest update adds the option to set DPI via classic editing the build.prop method. Though the DPI won't stay persistent via this method.
My phone isn't usable anymore!?
If you can still use this app, just select 'Reset to Default' from options menu. If you can't use the phone at all and used the default method, go to the recovery and in the file manager delete /data/local.prop.
If you used Shell WM, connect your phone while turned on to your PC and via adb run this command - 'adb shell wm density reset'.
In case of bootloops (because they are common with build.prop editing), there's a backup of last working build.prop named "backup.txt" under the folder "SetDPI" in your internal storage. Just rename it to build.prop and replace it and your device should boot back up normally. And in case things go really, really bad; there's another backup named "build.prop.org" in /system , which is the original file your device had before installing the app. :)
Don't like the DPI you set? Undo your action in a single click and return to your stock glory. Have fun tweaking!
Compatible Devices/ROMs confirmed to be working:
- All the Nexus devices(Stock Android/AOSP, even Marshmallow[default method may not work on newer devices])
- OnePlus 2(only build.prop method)
- All the Motorola devices
- All the Mi devices
- CyanogenMod/CyanogenOS 12 and below(12.1+ have DPI settings in-built)
- You tell!?
1. May not work on stock ROMs like TouchWiz, HTC Sense etc. and may even result in bootloops.
2. May not work with conjugation with another DPI changing app or inbuilt settings in custom ROMs(Eg. ParanoidAndroid 4, CM12.1+(works fine up to CM12) etc.); AOSP based ROM is recommended although other light ROMs shouldn't be any problem.
3. If this does not works for you, rather than leaving a bad review contact me via email at "contact[at]nisarg[dot]me" :)
Le DPI Changer [ROOT] is a free software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-08-22. The program can be installed on Android.
Le DPI Changer [ROOT] (version 2.5.4) has a file size of 3.15 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 6 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.